Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Finding My Dream Furniture Online

Working moms know what I mean when I say that there is never enough time for everything that needs to be done. Aside from needing to take care of the major chores at home, you have to do the groceries, buy your kids the stuff they need, help them with homework, and be the supportive parent that you should be. Oh, and did I mention that I also have to go to work every day? Like I said, there is never enough time to do everything that needs to get done.

Keeping your home from looking drab is also another thing that a mom like me has to do. I dream of having a house that looks like those amazing images found in architecture and interior design magazine. While most of the furniture in these spreads are made by some of the more expensive manufacturers of furniture around, you can always try to find cheaper alternatives elsewhere. The only problem is, where can I find the time to do this?

With a day that is pretty full with PTA meetings, work, laundry, still more work, preparing dinner, and yet still more work, I could very well wave my dreams of a picture perfect home goodbye. Thank goodness however that I am one of those people who work from home (some people call it telecommuting), and I am allowed a flexible schedule, so even when I do have a mountain of work waiting for me, I can still adjust my days according to what is needed. That does not include, however, time to go to furniture stores to do some window shopping and comparison shopping.

How do I find the time to slowly but surely put together my dream home? By doing online shopping, of course. Thank goodness for the internet, and for sites that allow you to have furniture you order delivered to your doorstep. Not only do I have this convenience (which I can sometimes do while working), but I can also easily compare prices without needing to walk or drive from one store to another. No more painful feet and pavement pounding for me.

The great thing about this particular convenience is that it does not eat up whatever extra time I have for my kids, my chores, and myself. I get to put together the kind of home I want, at a budget that I can readily afford (thanks to comparison shopping and free deliveries) and without having to worry that I won’t have enough time for everything that needs to get done. Do I consider myself lucky? Indeed I do, and thanks to modern day conveniences like online shopping and telecommuting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment